Monday, April 11, 2011

"Sick Day"

This story was based on prompt #30 on the creative writing prompt website I use (http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/)
The prompt was "Write an excuse for not working today".

Sick Day

     Hi, it's me. I'm not going to be able to come into work today. Not feeling too well. Yeah, I woke up with a headache. Excruciating pain, like somebody stabbing me in my skull. Upset stomach, too. Nausea. Been throwing up all morning. Oh, and I twisted my ankle running to the bathroom to throw up. Hurts really bad. I can't walk now. Having to hop to the bathroom when I need to throw up. I've got a cold, too. Runny nose really bad. I've already used an entire box of tissue. You don't want me there. Don't want anybody catching this cold! Also, it's that time of the month. Cramping really bad....Hello? Hello? Hello? Oh, well...I guess he's going to let me miss work today! Good thing I'm not really suffering from any of that stuff! I wouldn't be able to enjoy my sick day!

No comments:

Post a Comment